Breaking News

Mobile Load More

Computer Load More

Gadgets Load More



Wednesday 26 February 2014

iBooks for Mac - What a flop

When I heard that iBooks was coming for Mac, I was thrilled.  Yes there are other eBook readers for Mac, but they don't have the simplistic design that Apple has.  So when I heard that Apple was giving Mavericks away for free I was even more exited.  Little did I know that getting Mavericks for free wasn't a plus and that iBooks was full of bugs that hadn't been resolved.  So I updated my Mac and there was iBooks in my dock waiting to be opened.  So I opened it.  That's when everything went to shit.  Now I have thousands of eBooks and when I went to import them, iBooks froze and then stopped working.  Turns out that iBooks isn't able to handle importing a large amount of books, a bug that Apple is yet to resolve.  If you are thinking of going to Mavericks to get iBooks, don't.  Wait for an updated and stabler version before you make the transition.  Don't make the same mistake I did.  If you want an eBook reader that is stable and reliable, use Calibre while you wait for iBooks.
Share This
Blogger
Facebook
Disqus

comments powered by Disqus

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe
Labels
Popular Posts

Subscribe Via Email

About Us

Advertisment

Like Us

© New Tech Critic All rights reserved | Designed By Seo Blogger Templates